Vision Team Reminder!
God Sightings and Pulse Survey!

If you saw our inserts in recent bulletins or read the article in this month’s Encounter, you have an idea what The Vision Team has been up to this year. We are continuing to build on past efforts, with three teams focusing on: Social Outreach, Youth Ministry and Adult Spirituality. As part of those efforts, each team is especially focusing on communication, mentoring of future leaders and inter-generational opportunities. All of these came from the results of our Transforming Church Index (TCI) survey results.
God Sightings: The Adult Spirituality Team asks that you please stop by our table in the narthex to share your experiences of faith, prayer and the spirit in our congregation. Help us fill up the tree!!
Pulse Survey: In order to get a benchmark of where we are right now, we’re conducting a “Pulse” Survey. This is a mini-version (12 questions) of the full TCI survey we have already conducted. The questions are specifically related to the efforts of our three teams. You can complete a paper version of this survey in the narthex or online:
Please complete the survey by this Sunday September 30th and pass the link on to other members of our church.
The Vision Team

St. Andrew Lutheran Church contracted with TAG to assess your congregation. TAG is a management consulting and coaching firm headquartered in Fairfax, VA – just outside of Washington, DC. We specialize in strategic planning, organizational assessment/development, coaching, and conflict resolution. Approximately 30% of our work is with congregations. The other 70% includes work with federal government agencies, financial institutions, non-profits, and a variety of other businesses. We have worked with over 300 congregations of all sizes from various denominations.
During the process, we gathered information from the following sources:

  • Advance documentation (membership trends, financial trends, demographic information, church history, issues identified by the pastor, ministry information, and so forth)
  • Transforming Church Index (congregational survey that compares your church to national norms)
  • Focus groups and/or interviews with various members in your church (newcomers, long-term members, leaders, staff, and so forth)

Using the assessment results, the Strategic Planning team met on two separate weekend retreats. The facilitator led the group through the analysis and a number of detailed exercises that resulted in the definition of our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT), our Core Values as a Congregation and our revised Mission. From this information, the team set five key goals to start working on to address these findings.
The links below are the documents we used and the results of the work we have done to date. Please feel free to review these materials and we encourage you all to join a planning team and get involved in making St Andrew a “Healthy Church”.

***These need to be linked. Links on old site didn’t work
Mundelein Demographic Report 2008
Focus Group Assessment 09-28-2008
Strategic Planning Report 11-18-2008