This team seeks to make St. Andrew’s congregation a resource for those individuals and groups, either within the parish family or the wider reaches of Mundelein, Lake County, the state, nation and world who are in need of aid for body and soul.
They serve educators for the parish regarding individuals and groups who are identified as needing assistance. They serve as communicators, facilitators, and coordinators of both needs and opportunities for response, such that the congregation may reach out with compassion and aid whenever and wherever possible. They act as liaison to the congregation for ELCA sponsored social ministry programs as well as act as representatives of the congregation to community based programs that serve the needy, the aged, orphaned, underprivileged, homeless, and oppressed. They seek to learn about and educate the congregation regarding the social statements of the ELCA, and work to bring the healing of Christ to all people.
All are welcome to serve:
Time and Talent sheets are available in the narthex.
Upcoming Service Dates
- PADS info meeting this Sunday 9/23 at 9:30. PADS Sunday early October.
- Central Lake County Interfaith CROP Hunger Walk. October 21st in Libertyville.
- Look for C.O.O.L. “Food of the Month”. Bin located by main entrance.
- Craft Show October 20th. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors.
- PADS first service date Saturday/Sunday October 27th & 28th.
Thank you for your time.
St. Andrew’s Social Ministry Team